March 15, 2014 Saturday Program
Mingei Museum, Balboa Park, San Diego 10 a.m. until 12 noon.
Paulette Baron is a nationally known bead artist who is a repeating instructor at Bead and Button Show.
She has illustrated and is a coauthor of the book Beading Across America.
Her presentation for the S. D. Bead Society is called Evolution of a Design, which follows the trajectory of her work. It shows how she creates totally different designs by using the same variation of peyote stitch. It is always great learning experience to see and follow the thought processes of an artist in design.
March 16, 2014 Sunday New Class
· Create spiral components and vary their size
· Mix pearls and seed beads together to get the look of elegant spirals
· Attach them to a double cord to create a dynamic neck piece
· Learn a modified version of peyote stitch to create these spirals
· Learn how to combine crystals, pearls and seed beads in a new approach
Gum drops may be substituted for spikes if you wish.
S.D. Bead Society website has a Paypal button for payments for this class.
Visit Paulette Barons website here.